The Van Dom Project in assoc with Hallowscream

So I'm playing clever buggers again and stripping my style down and adopting ones far beyond my capable reach. This is a habit of mine. Now for Van's horror based on Japanese myths and Manga horrors, I'm looking into two ends of the spectrum. At one end (in my limited access) there is the chunky manga/Mediterranean style that ends up like Scott Pilgrim, Bryan Lee O'Malley stylized Manga trope to the opposite end where the darkness and downright bizarre entity of Manga horror lays in wait.THis >http://hellyeahhorrormanga.tumblr.com/ is a great site to get started with.  Here're my investigations into the two.

KFH

dirty/atmospheric

building tension/keep consistent


I want to find that middle ground that I've developed all by myself making it feasible as my own unique style screaming its influences but not being knocked so far out of the ball park, nobody else can see where it's going or where it's coming from. Especially me. As dementia sets in memories are all but professional and important technique data, these days, I can tell you.

The story above is a story in production for MIK's Hallowscream. A short 2 pager with little dialogue and heavy captioning.
Above that issomething I'm hoping will develop more into a money making formula. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts